Native Plumbing is seeking a full-time Journeyman Plumber to run service calls in residential and commercial buildings. You will take the lead in providing top-notch service and solutions to our clients. We have large projects lined up and need skilled workers to join our team! Our Journeyman Plumbers will earn a competitive wage and benefits.
Are you a team player who is good at adapting to a fast paced environment? Are you a skilled Journeyman Plumber looking for a dynamic company to advance your career with? If this sounds like the right position for you, apply today!
Native Plumbing is a mechanical & commercial plumbing contractor that is passionate about creating solutions that bring our client’s vision into reality. A high-quality product and keeping pace with a demanding schedule are inherent in all our solutions. Native Plumbing’s ability to produce a high-quality product in the face of ever-changing and rigorous schedules is our art. Integrity is the foundation we stand on. It’s what continues to allow us to build lasting relationships and complete work we are proud of.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of plumbing systems, equipment, and fixtures in residential and/or affordable housing communities. Performs a variety of repair or replacement
functions related to plumbing and provided for safe operation and condition of plumbing systems.
- May train and supervise apprentice plumbers. Must pass a pre-employment background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repairs and replaces broken water lines; un-stops sewer lines and drains; clears commode and sink drains. Installs and repairs boilers and other mechanical systems.
- Assists in performing maintenance and installation functions associated with all water system equipment.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and assists in assembling and installing pipes and tubing.
- Replaces and repairs hot water tanks; repairs garbage disposal; repairs circulating pumps; replaces booster heaters, gas hot water heaters, and gas pipes.
- Repairs shower valves, shutoff valves, fountain coolers, and mixing valves.
- Responds to, diagnoses, and resolves plumbing emergencies.
- Performs other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of plumbing and mechanical systems, equipment, and fixtures.
- Knowledge of approved plumbing methods, practices, code requirements and safety standards.
- Knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the installation and repair of plumbing systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of plumbing work and other trades required of the position.
- Knowledge of the maintenance requirements of plumbing and related equipment.
Ability to use and care for hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform plumbing installation and repair tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time as required by work assignments.
- Ability to prepare activity logs and reports according to prescribed formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative in performing assigned duties.
- Ability to work independently on projects assigned.
Three to five years of experience as a skilled worker in plumbing.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Technical training through a trade school or apprenticeship in plumbing trade.
- Licensed Journeyman Plumber in the State of Massachusetts.
- Possession of valid driver’s license issued by the State of Massachusetts.
- Must maintain a safe driving record.
- Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently, and/or 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment and machinery including ditchers, jack hammers, hammer drills, saws, shovels, probing rods, and various plumbing tools, etc.
- Requires the ability to climb and maneuver on ladders, scaffolding, and/or in tight spaces.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Native Plumbing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Native Plumbing does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.