Native Plumbing is seeking a full-time Mechanical Technician to service, repair, and maintain plumbing systems in residential and commercial buildings in the Greater Boston area. We have large projects lined up and need skilled workers to join our team! Our Mechanical Technicians will earn a competitive wage and benefits.
Are you a team player who is good at adapting to a fast paced environment? Are you a skilled worker looking for a dynamic company to advance your career with? If this sounds like the right position for you, apply today!
Native Plumbing is a mechanical & commercial plumbing contractor that is passionate about creating solutions that bring our client’s vision into reality. A high-quality product and keeping pace with a demanding schedule are inherent in all our solutions. Native Plumbing’s ability to produce a high-quality product in the face of ever-changing and rigorous schedules is our art. Integrity is the foundation we stand on. It’s what continues to allow us to build lasting relationships and complete work we are proud of. Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Responsible for installing, maintenance, and adjusting plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC systems. Performs a variety of repair or replacement functions related to commercial boilers, hot water, and other plumbing systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform mechanical repairs and maintenance.
- Installs, services, and maintains commercial boilers, hot water, and HVAC systems.
- Inspect and test mechanical equipment.
- Develop mechanical maintenance plans and inspection schedules.
- Performs other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of commercial boilers and hot water systems.
- Knowledge of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of water-based heating systems.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative in performing assigned duties.
- 1-3 years of experience working with mechanical and plumbing equipment.
- 1-3 years of experience in HVAC systems preferred.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Technical training through a trade school or apprenticeship in plumbing trade.
- Licensed Journeyman Plumber in the State of Massachusetts.
- Possession of valid driver’s license issued by the State of Massachusetts.
- Must maintain a safe driving record.
- Employees assigned to this position must follow specific drug testing requirements, procedures and consequences of positive alcohol or drug tests.
- Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Requires the ability to climb and maneuver on ladders, scaffolding, and/or in tight spaces.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Native Plumbing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Native Plumbing does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
|Job Category||Mechanical Technician|